Anti slip adhesives have abundant possibilities when it comes to preventing a fall whether you need to prevent the dog from sliding on the kitchen floor, increase pool safety, or must protect customers. These anti slip products are designed to deliver traction as a surface becomes slick due to water or another unexpected condition. A good example is the application of slip resistant materials on ladder steps or in showers. Anti slip adhesives are available in different grades and have been designed to deliver traction in any area where a fall could occur. Almost every type of floor has a high potential for injury whether wet or naturally slick. If you have ever walked on a wet deck, for example, odds are you have tried to prevent doing the splits at least once. A number of conditions contribute to dangerous falls whether the culprit is a wet spot, slick soled shoes, or carrying a heavy object. If you own a business or run a facility, anti slip adhesives will prove to be one of the most effective measures for reducing injury. Here are a few reasons why anti slip adhesives are a must in any environment:
- Simple to Install
- Cost Effective
- Resistant to Chemicals & Water
- Applicable Outdoors
- Create Anti Slip Surfaces
- Durable, Long Lasting Applications
- Meet Safety Requirements
- Solid Colors
- Industrial Grade
- Commercial Grade
Anti skid protective adhesives by Jessup Manufacturing can solve the problem of accidental slips and falls at your specific job site or location. The following will list five practical applications for anti skid protective adhesives.
- Heavy construction equipment: Heavy construction equipment usually involves needing a single, or perhaps several workers operating the machine simultaneously. When operating this type of construction equipment, it is likely that the worker(s) involved will need to maneuver themselves on the equipment. Heavy construction equipment is often dangerous, especially if someone should experience an accident while operating the machinery, such as a slip and fall. What could cause a slip and fall on machinery? Lubricants and cleaning solvents are often used on machinery, both of which can make the machinery slippery. Adding an anti skid protective adhesive to the machinery will reduce the probability of someone slipping and falling while operating the machinery.
- Farm equipment: Farm equipment can fall in line with the previously mentioned construction equipment, because farm equipment, like all machinery, also requires lubricants to operate efficiently. In addition, most farm equipment is operated outside, meaning it is exposed to all weather conditions, including rain. Water can make machinery slippery, therefore, adding an anti skid protective adhesive to your farm equipment will ensure the operator will not slip and fall if he or she happens to use the equipment shortly after a storm, or after the equipment has been properly lubricated.
- Transportation: Methods of transportation that require careful footing, such as ramps, steps, stairs, walkways, escalators, and ladders are often frequent sites where people have accidents from losing their footing. Sometimes, debris, condensation, spilt liquid, or other substances that make surfaces slippery can accrue on these methods of transportation that makes an already more complex method of foot placement that much more susceptible to an accident due to improper footing. Adding anti skid protective adhesives can help remedy this situation, because it makes the traction and friction on these transportation surfaces much more improved, and will eliminate the increased risk of slips and falls that come from the gathering of slip inducing forces like the ones mentioned previously.
- Lawn and garden equipment: This also falls in line with the description used for both heavy construction and farm equipment. Lawn and garden equipment are usually exposed to weather conditions due to its frequent outdoor use, as well as liquid substances that are slippery on most surfaces. Anti skid protective adhesives will neutralize slippery surfaces on lawn and garden equipment, which will dramatically reduce accidental slips and falls during operation.
- Custom Products: In other words, these are products frequently used where the surface is exposed to people walking on it. The point here is that Jessupâ€™s line of anti skid protective adhesives can be added to or placed on any type of product, machinery, and surface, and will improve the traction and friction required to prevent accidental slips and falls. Jessupâ€™s anti skid protective adhesives are specifically designed for unique and difficult applications, while still adding an improved footing feature that drastically reduces slips and falls.
Maximizing the safety of a location, whether it is an office building, large structure, manufacturing plant, or industrial facility, should be the primary concern for those people who will ultimately be held responsible for the well being of individuals occupying their location. The number one cause of accidents in buildings and in the workplace has to do with people slipping and falling. These accidents are most commonly caused by a surface that is slippery, especially if that surface was difficult to see or navigate due to darkness. Accidental slips or falls can cause serious injuries to workers and building occupants, which can precipitate into others becoming injured. The severity of accidental slips and falls could also lead to the death of a person, which means that those who are held accountable for not maintaining a safe location can expect drawn out and costly lawsuits, as well as irrevocable defamation of the name of the person, or people, held responsible. The best way to deal with the ever present issue of accidental slips and falls is to implement non slip grip tapes throughout the potentially dangerous area, and to purchase and outfit the area with photoluminescent non slip tapes if that area is often dark. Photoluminescent non slip tapes, and non slip grip tapes will effectively minimize, and perhaps even eliminate accidents stemming from slipping, tripping, or falling in locations where these tendencies occur. Jessup Manufacturing offers to its customers photolumoinescent non slip tapes, which are designed with materials and components that provide the needed friction and traction for footing in spots that are slippery than others, as well as provide the necessary luminance to see where you are going. With photoluminescent non slip tape, you can see the surface clearly, even in dark areas, and recognize if the surface of the floor or ground is hazardous. Potential surface hazards include areas that accumulate condensation, or are susceptible to frequent spillage of liquids. The Jessup Manufacturing line of provisioned photoluminescent non slip tapes include commercial grade non slip, photoluminescent tapes and treads, as well as coarse heavy duty tapes and treads. Jessup also provides different color arrangements for its non slip safety tapes, all of which are available in commercial grade. Jessupâ€™s photoluminescent non slip tapes have been tried and tested, and are lauded by industrial professionals as being resilient and reliable in all types of setting. In addition, the companyâ€™s brand of photoluminescent non slip tapes are weather resistant, meaning you do not have to worry about it holding up through harsh weather conditions. Jessup Manufacturing offers several versions of its non slip tapes, based on grade level applications that include heavy duty, commercial grade, resilient mid level and coarse, as well as fine grade non slip tape. A Jessup Manufacturing professional can help you choose the right photoluminescent non slip tape by assessing your workplace building and environment .
A Secret Tip for Making Floors Safer - Anti Slip Safety Tape
When working in industrial manufacturing plants, or in facilities where workers are handling complex equipment, heavy machinery, and electronic devices, many hazards are present that place workers in jeopardy. One of the dangers to working in the recently described scenario is slipping and falling, due to a slippery floor with poor traction. Because workers are laboring in plants described above, a slippery floor with poor traction could prove to be dually dangerous if a worker is handling complex or heavy equipment. As you can imagine, the consequences could be catastrophic, resulting in serious injuries, broken equipment that will be expensive and/or difficult to replace, and, even worse, fatalities. Fortunately, there exists a way to make the floors in your industrial facility safe, and that is through the use of non slip tapes, specifically Jessup Manufacturingâ€™s line of Safety Track tapes. Jessup Manufacturingâ€™s line of Safety Track non slip tapes come in commercial grade, coarse heavy duty, resilient coarse tread, resilient medium tread, coarse vinyl tread, and fine vinyl tread, depending on the need of your facility. As you have probably already gathered, the various types of non slip Safety Track tape are for different scenarios, based on how much friction and traction your facility needs, as well as how prolific and noticeable your business prefers the non slip tape. Therefore, managers of industrial businesses should thoroughly evaluate their facilities where the manual labor is performed. The evaluation process will help managers determine whether the non slip tape needs to be extremely visible, as well as how durable and thick the non slip tape needs to be based on the amount and weight of foot traffic, vehicular traffic, and the movement of machines throughout the facility. Once the evaluation is complete, you can contact Jessup Manufacturing, and speak with a representative who can advise you on what type of non slip tape will best suit your needs, based on the information you provide. Another option for industrial facility managers is to visit the Jessup Manufacturing website. On the site, you can navigate to the â€œnon slip tapeâ€ tab, where you will be directed to Jessupâ€™s line of Safety Track non slip tapes. The website does an excellent job breaking down the specifications of each product, and the advantages of installing one kind of non slip tape over another, depending on your facility and safety needs. Each non slip product has explicit information about it that can be read in PDF format. In addition, the webpage provides examples of scenarios, such as facilities with a lot of steps, ladders, and platforms, as well as facilities with a lot of vehicular traffic. Next to the described scenarios, Jessup displays its non slip tape recommendations, base don its expert opinion regarding which non slip tape is optimal for various situations. The information for non slip tape is readily available from Jessup, all you have to do is either call or order, based on the information on the site, and your can start providing maximum non slip protection in you facility right away.